Friday 9 September 2016

Saddle Sore!

Hello bloggers

I can't believe how long it has been since I was last on my bike doing loops.  I must admit, I had a Friday off a couple of weeks back and I went out on a solo ride. I had all intentions of doing the Blackbrook loops but it was just way too hot!  So instead I went on a slow crawl around Bromley had a pint in the Red Lion and then went on to Hayes for lunch.  Then I called my sister and stayed for just one more!

But today I was out to do some training.  I have this new route, I was getting fed up of the Blackbrook Lane anyway, but this one, this one....well it's a bit more challenging!  It's where I do my running with my running club.  It has slight inclines, as I tell my group 1's.  Well, when I'm on my bike, and not my lightest bike either, that has a puncture! Those slight inclines are tough.

I could really feel the extra poundage, not just on my bike either, but the spare tyre around my waist too.  But I need to work hard, I need those extra undulations on my riding route to get fit and lose pounds.  Why is it so easy to get fatter, get more unfit.  Why is food so delicious, and why does beer make you feel so special!  Why, Why Why??  If there was a competition to see who could get unfit the quickest then I would win that little trophy!  But anyway, there I was on my white bike, and I am not liking my pedals any more.  They were ok for when I was getting used to clipless, but now they are just winding me up!  And what is it with being bloomin uncomfortable!  Surely the saddle can't be that different from my other bike!  I know I am just looking for things to make excuses for not doing as fast as I could have gone!

I rode up Tudor way and then turned down to station square.  I thought I would use the down hill part of Petts Wood Road as a little help to get up to the first of the hills.  Four times I was going to do this loop, and already my thighs were telling me to stop!  But I just grit my teeth and rode on up there.  Then I turned left at the round about and rode along to Birchwood and turned to ride down there.  Following the road all the way around and back to Petts Wood! I did that loop three more times!  It was tough.  I took a break after the second one!  It really was tough!

I think this route is going to really challenge me, but I need to work on those hills to get stronger, I know that. So I shall grin and bear it and try and do this loop as often as I can!

Here is the route.

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/1349069749' title='Petts Wood loops' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment