Wednesday 16 August 2017

Hello blog lovers.

As you can see, it's a cycling blog!  I just had to get out today before I took root on my chair!  I have been having a week off, so I have really been lazy, getting up late, no running, not even on Club Night Tuesday, well it was NaggyNeighbours birthday ribs night!

So today I got up......late, but not as late as I have been doing.  I had some errands to do and I had planned to do them early just so that I would have plenty of time to do a bike ride.  I was in two minds as to which sort of ride I wanted to do.  Whether it was to be a nice leisurely ride which means at least 15 - 20 miles at my own pace, or do the loops again, just push myself as hard as I could for an hour.  I thought about it as I procrastinated doing 'stuff' in doors before I had to go out to do the errands.

I thought about it as I drove to Petts Wood to do the errands and thought about it again all the way home again.  I still wasn't sure.  I really had no motivation, I was feeling fat, frumpy and pretty down with that fact too.  After I came back I sat down to just think about it, "I have a wedding to get ready for!" I thought to myself, I should be trying everything  to lose these extra pounds I've put on, and that is not going to happen sitting of my arse! I am not going to be the 'fat mother of the bride' on the day!  Well, I guess my arse sat down is going to get me fit, as long as that arse is on the bike!  So the voice of reason finally broke through, "Just get out there and enjoy, while the weather is nice" Apparantely it's going to rain in London tomorrow, according to FaceBook, it told me to stay dry, so today is the better day to ride my bike. I got up straight away and got my bike out and then went to get myself ready!

I had decided that I need to 'exercise' rather than just a 'leisurely plod' around somewhere, which if I am honest I woult have cut short and come home.  Now that I had decided, I was ready to do battle with the undulations of Petts Wood.  I prefer this route rather than the Blackbrooke Lane loops as it has an undulation in the beginning and then at the end! No rest before you do the loop again. Times that by four and I should know that I've done a work out!

Just getting to the start of the loops I was puffing like an old steamd train, but I just thought "It'll all be over soon" because I am planning on getting under the hour!  I know my motivation will drop to my boots if it's longer than the hour!  This route is like doing a spin class without the music but also without the possibility for me to stop pedalling!  There's a big chance that if I stop pedalling I will go backwards, downhill or...fall off!

I completed the first loop and mentally said "Just three more to go"  I often talk to myself, or make up words to songs to keep a pace going!  I usually make up words for the tune of "Mamma's little baby loves short'nin' bread"  I know it's a silly song, but the words come to me as I'm riding up the hills, it helps me to stay focused and then when I'm at the top I take a deep breath and relax.  Mind you, that forth loop was tough going!  The air was blue, and I'm sure that particular verse is not one that I would sing to children!

I felt I had done really well but I didnt want to look at my Garmin until I got home and stopped it.  I knew I couldn't pedal any better than what I was doing anyway so what will be will be.  It really did feel as if I had done well though, maybe a pb.  I carried on riding along the same streets that I had only an hour ago and rode onto my road and up to my house.  Stopped my garmin and then looked at it, damn it, not a pb!  I was blimmin lucky it was sitll under the hour otherwise I am sure I really would have whipped my ass!

Any hoo, heres the geeky stats for you,

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/1919529539' title='Petts Wood loops' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment