Wednesday 6 September 2017

Just a Short Plod out!

Hello blog lovers.

Well, it has been a while since me and the Old Boy have been out for a ride together, and today was the day, or at least this evening was the evening that we went for a short plod about.  I was planning on running about 3 miles, but the Old Boy suggested we go for a ride instead, he has been off his bike for a while and is wanting to get back to getting fit again.  So we hastily made a quick route, a nice flattish one for us, just to get used to the riding again, and then we set off.

It was still light out when we started but I know that the night time is just a few minutes away, we made sure we had lights and they were working too. Then we set off.  Our route was through Jubilee Park and then on to Bromley.  Ok, so when I said it was flattish, it was as flat as we could get it.  There is a couple of hills, just some gentle climbs, it's just the way Bromley is, there is a hill almost around every corner!

We rode on up to Bromley North, passing a very nice pub!  Maybe next time we should ride around in the opposite direction and then end up here for a quick refresher, that's a Lime and Soda for me by the way!  I am still determined with my healthy eating lifestyle and cutting out on my drinking for a few weeks!  I am determined, I really want to do this, and I really want to succeed this time around! (again)  Losing weight, keeping fit, it's a life long thing!  I just need to stay focused all the time.

So from Bromley North we ride on through the town itself and on to Bromley South.  We turn right to head towards Hayes, of course it's up hill, just small gradients though!  We ride on and passed another favourite pub that we used to stop at, especially in the lighter summer months, The George!  My legs were hurting, and wanted to just have a little break, but there is no rest for the wicked!  I followed the Old Boys blinking red light up to Barnet wood Lane.  That road is quite dark, he waited for me, we changed our front lights from 'blinking' to full beam to light the way.  He rode a bit more slowly so I kept behind him either that or I managed to stay with him, well that bit was flat!  Right to the end of the road and on to Oakley, and the Two Doves.  This is where we stopped, just for a light refreshing drink.  Then we rode on home from here.

A lovely little ride, it was tough, but then exercise is tough, and that was exercise.  I really tried hard to get up the hills as fast as I could, to give me a nice work out!

Here's my geeky stats.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1962567886

No comments:

Post a Comment