Monday 7 October 2013

All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go!

Hello blog lovers.

Time to test out the padding on my bars! Apart from my bike look particularly lovely in the black tapes, I am hoping that the gels that was put on to my bars, will help with the issues of my hands! I so want this to be the answer.  I do love my bike, and I am getting more and more confident on it, until that is, my hands start to feel weak again. 

Today our ride was going through Farnborough, then up to Downe Village, and then up again through Biggin Hill again!  We are going to go the opposite way down Grays Road.  I don't think I have ever done that before!

It was getting pretty dark in the lanes on the way up to Downe, and the blinking light just had to go! I'm sure that could cause an epileptic fit if I had left it going! So I had my light on the lowest full beam.  But when the Old Boy put his light on it lit up like daylight! But it also cast this enormous shadow of me on the trees!  All I kept thinking was, "My thighs are still looking a bit big, and my bum deffo looks big in that light"  It's strange the things you think when you are pedalling up hills!

There was no stopping when we go the village, we turned right and the then left and headed for Jail lane.  More uphill climbing, although not half as bad as what we have done. And our lights looking really good, making sure that we are seen!   Once at the end of this road, we turned left!  Even though I fleetingly looked longingly at the right hand turn. The one that brings us closer to home!

But up we continued up the hill.  I couldn't quite figure out how far it was to the turning by the Shampan.  All I knew was that it was more up hill!  So I just get on going.  Trying my best, repositioning my hands when necessary, and just enjoying being out on my bike!  The weather is just lovely,  not too cold and no wind about! Perfect for riding about. 

Once at the Shampan we turned left and went down Grays road.  Usually I am riding up this hill, so I have quite a few down hill bits to look forward too!  The cars coming towards us, up really do see us coming, which is very reassuring.  I am sure that some think that it is a car and get a bit confused when me and the Old Boy pedal on by them. 

At the end of this road we turned left again, down, down, down Cudham North Lane!  We had a stop off at the Blacksmiths Arms! Well, it's thirsty work! We sat outside in the 'smoking' den, but they had this fantastic wood burner going.  It was just so warm and toastie, I just didn't want to get going again! 

After that, continued the downhill journey to the A21 and went home via Magpiehall Lane!  A very good ride today, my hand didn't feel too bad, I am hoping that it will continue to get stronger and stronger, back to how it used to, but right now, I know that I have done a ride!  It don't feel as bad as it has done, but still, it don't feel like it should do either! I am hoping that my hand will start to heal up so that I can start to enjoy my bike properly.

Anyway, geeky stats, and I am using the Old Boys, as I had forgotten to restart my after the pub stop!


No comments:

Post a Comment