Thursday 21 May 2020

A Very Warm Ride

Hello blog readers

After my workout this morning, Bims (aka Naggingsister) really lived up to her aka!  She rang me straight away, while I was still saying goodbye to the people that were left watching me on live feed Facebook (don't ask, it's a long story!) she was calling my phone!  "We going for a bike ride, I shall be round in a sec" I was still dripping in sweat, even though todays workout was kind of gentle, I needed to get changed, get my bike ready, let the dog out, I decided not to take him for a walk, it was way to warm for him, so a nice play in his garden with the hose pipe.  There was I thinking it was too warm for a pooch to go for a walk, yet Bims want's us to go for a bike ride! Hmm, make sure I have plenty of water, maybe today is not the day to tackle hills!  Anyway, I really wanted to go through Normans park today, John D was was doing a mega run around this park, which is just over a mile loop. He's doing it for a charity, 100k run, looping around Normans park!  In this heat!

Eventually, I was ready, with all the things I had to do, Bims was waiting when I came back from doggies house and we set off, more or less straight away.  I was on my Spesh, I felt good on my Spesh.  Clipping in and clipping out doesn't phase me to much now, although I still pretty much stay focused on it.  I did have a little wobble coming through the gate of Jubilee park.  I am not sure if the things in your shoes wear out or not, whether you have to replace them.  I sure you do, everything wears out.  My shoes are perfectly fine, but maybe I should look into getting some new clippy things for my shoes and replace them.

I am sure we are getting through the parks quicker than we have been, at least it felt like it.  It was just so lovely being out, getting the sunshine on my face, it's all good for you, vitamins giving for free, just for being out side in the sunshine!  You just have to take it!

We got to Normans park, I was on the look out for for John D.  I didn't know what time he started, but we were there in the afternoon, he could well be on his last few laps.  We managed to see him when we got to the other side of the park, the Track end of the park, the play park end.  He was looking pretty strong, I called to him and he stopped for a few minutes.  He had done well over half of his challenge, "Only about a marathon to do now" he said! ONLY!  That's truly amazing, and just going round and round the park!  John had plenty of visitors and people joining him for a lap or two of the park to support him!  Me and Bims were going in the opposite direction to John, so we will be able to cheer him on again.  It's an amazing accomplishment! By the way he is doing it for charity and his page is Here, it explains who he is raising money for and why. You can donate too!  Well done John, amazing!

We left the park after two laps, cheering on John a further two times!  And that was it, a very warm, very lovely, very inspiring (thinking about John here) and after the now traditional selfie we said our goodbyes!

Here's our selfies by the way















And here is my geeky stats!
<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/4966391350' title='Bromley Cycling' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>




No comments:

Post a Comment