Wednesday 20 May 2020

Getting More Confidence!

Hello readers


Bike riding is slowly coming back to me!  It's just like riding a bike really! Groan!!! I am still only doing very short distances with Bims.  I was using my white bike, as it has those duel use pedals, the ones where you can clip in if you want or not! Just what ever you please!  The second bike ride with Bims was a lot, lot.....lot better than the first one this year!  Mainly because I pumped up the tyres! 

I never really understood about have a really good hard pumped up tyre! Not until my second ride this year!  My bike felt totally different, it almost glided on the roads.  I got up the slope a bit better, I went down the slopes so much quicker!  Even Bims said that I also seemed to go faster while free wheeling than she did!  I think it's because of the bike......either that or it's the whole weight to slope ratio......I am heavier so I will roll faster!  So yes, my second bike ride with Bims, a total different experience, plus I remember now why I love my bikes!  I am not rushing to get back and do all those miles and hills just yet, I am just poodling around enjoying the ride!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/4920687014' title='Bike ride (with social distance) with Dawn' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

My third bike ride was with my sons girlfriend.  She said that she loved riding her bike when she had one, and she enjoyed her time in Amersterdam when her and her friend hired a couple of bikes.  So, I loaned her my white bike and I got out my spesh!  Oh she looked lovely, My son had cleaned my bike only a couple of weeks ago, and only now I was going out on it!  The confidence is growing all the time, I just want to get back to truly loving the ride!

Tash hasn't been on a bike for a while so I thought we would keep it to the same little route than Bims and I did last week, it's only 8 miles, and we can only do just 1 lap of Normans Park.  I think she underestimated how just how un-use to a bike you can get! Un-use, is that even a word?  We did the first park, crossed over the road and headed for the second park.  It was quite busy, well the sun was out and Boris said that people can meet 1 person from another household whiles upholding the social distancing of course.  So the park was really busy, I decided not to do the loop around it and just head straight through it and out. 

Unfortunately Tash was really feeling tired! So we decided not to do the next park but just head on home!  We covered about 4 and half miles in about 30 minutes, so not bad for a first time out!  Cycling is just like running, no bike ride is rubbish (unless there is some really shitty steep, steep hill in the mix) Just getting out and doing it (and if you have to walk up the hill, don't worry about it!)

So, up to date with my cycling blog!  Sorted!




No comments:

Post a Comment