Tuesday 22 March 2016

Twice In Two Days!

Hello blog readers.

Look at my bad ass self go!  Out for another ride after I went out yesterday!  Plus I shall be running this evening with my club!

I had the day free after I dropped my little dude off at school.  So I just pottered about the house with the dog (seems I have become a dogminder too!) and then I decided that it was time for me to get out and do something. So I got myself changed into my cycling gear, I was going to try and get a PB on the Blackbrook laps.

I started up to Farringdon and then turned around and came back!  Although the sun was shining brightly, it looked really warm out, but I felt cold.  I had decided, because it looked like so lovely out there, that I would just have my spring/autumn cycling fleece on, but boy was I wrong.  My top layer is windproof as well as shower proof, and it was what I was missing when I first left the house!

So, suitably dressed I started out again, feeling much warmer, in fact I was thinking that maybe I should have just swapped layers, rather than add a layer, but I just wanted to get going so there wasn't  any going back to drop off one of my inside layers!  I didn't have any expectations of getting a PB, at least that was my thoughts as I was riding along to the beginning of the first lap.  "If I just keep it to under the hour that I am happy with that"  But actually I wasn't!  I always have no expectations when I set off on my solo efforts, so this time I decided to change my attitude, blimmin well try and get a PB!  Simples!

So I just pedalled, I felt like I was pedalling harder and a few times I felt like saying "Stuff if, it's too hard"  But it's only an hour long, then I can rest up for the rest of the day.....until running club time of course!  I decided to play a game, see if I can beat the lights, that will keep me motivated.  If the lights were green then I had to try and get there before they turned red, and if they were red then I had to get there just as they turned green, so there would be no stopping.  I failed.....each time.  It made me laugh though, me racing against lights!

My legs were feeling pretty tired, and I was wondering if maybe, just maybe, I would be faster today.  The last lap to do and I pedalled as hard as I could, up Blackbrook and over the little humpback bridge, I turned left and headed for the lights for the last time.  Just along this bit I had to pull up on my brakes......a pedestrian decided to walk straight out in front of me!  It's not as if I was invisible, I am a big fluorescent bird on a bike!  At least I missed her anyway

I rode through the park, still pushing it hard, and down the road.  I was already preparing myself for the inevitable, "It felt slower today" I said to myself, and I switched my Garmin off as I got home!  "Oh well"  I knew it was.  But when I got in, took my shoes off and then checked again, it was 56 minutes!  Yes, go me!  I am sure that is a PB!

Geeky stats!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/activity/embed/1094855341' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>


No comments:

Post a Comment