Tuesday 5 January 2016

Train Train Train Train On My Bike!

Hello blog lovers.

This morning I had plans to start getting myself into proper shape to be able to ride alongside the Panagua Ladies, (rather than always playing catchup).  Although I am just able able to ride at the slowest end of the expected pace, I feel I want to be able to get up there with them.  I look at Mary-Anne (Posh Totty!)  She has done so well in what seems to be a short time! I just keep saying things to myself like "Well, she is a lot younger than me!" It seems to help me!

Now the ladies do love a good hill....or two. So of course I need to train on a hill.  It's no good going out and knocking me self stupid by sticking Summer Hill in a circuit to train. The hill  needs to be enough to make me out of breath for longer than 2 minutes too.  Which really would leave out Hollingworth Road out and Chesham Ave.  As you can guess I was working out a route close to me, so I could just take a nice gentle recovery ride back, that wasn't too far.

My laps were going to be BlackBrook Lane, turn left at the top, not even looking down towards Summer Hill.......well, except to check on traffic of course, and then along the top and next left down Southborough Road, turn left along Southborough turning left to do it all again!  Four times I was going to do that.  That is my 'Get my arse moving' route.  It has a hill, but not one that is going to demoralise me, it has a nice recovery as I come back down the other side, with a couple of bumps to remind me that I need to keep on spinning and not just sit there looking like a sugar plum fairy cake sat on a bike!

It was hard, it was as hard as I wanted to make it, I should say.  I could have taken it a bit easier going up the hills, and could have just moved my legs around, not doing anything on the down hill, but that is not what this route is for!

Now that I have my circuit, now I have to chase a PB and a record!

Geeky stats.

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/activity/embed/1004213297' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment