Wednesday 23 November 2011

Summer Hill 1- Done!


Hello blog lovers.

What can I say!? If I could, I would give myself a medal! Getting up Summer hill, (riding towards Bickly) has been a real struggle for me. I have managed to conquer most of the hills that we have had on our routes! I believe the only hills that I haven't quite managed is....... hmmmm, let me think ..... is Ditchling Beacon and another hill just before that on my bike ride to Brighton!!

So, after an 11 mile bike ride, non stop, well virtually! (traffic lights do not count, nor does staring into our favourite watering hole, in Chislehurst,wishing it was open count now!) I really wasn't expecting to get up the shorter side of Summer Hill. But I thought, "I need to try, don't have a defeatist attitude before you even try it woman", I could wallow in that attitue if I didn't make it

Can you imagine the smile on my face when I saw the round about at the top? I was so hoping so that I didn't have to stop for the traffic, that would have been just to hard to get going again. But thankfully I could ride on accross the roundabout. The Old Boy was just past the roundabout waiting for me to appear. "Keep Going, that's it keep going" he says to me. I rode on past him with a huge grin on my face. "Did you do it" he says, as he caught up with me, even though he knew I did. I punched the air! Yup, this Old Girl got to the top of the hill!! Not at any top whack speed, but in one go!

Bloody pleased about that!! Now, just another 4 miles, and we can partake of a bowl of olives a packet of crisps and a pint of Amstel!

Geeky stats

Bike Ride With Alan by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment