Wednesday 30 November 2011

A Winter ride!

Hello Blog lovers.

Do you remember the days when you were looking forward to Christmas, it was freezing cold outside, firework day was the last exciting day (apart from me, cos I had my birthday!) and every one was well wrapped up heading to school, with ear muffs, scarfs, hats and gloves.

I do! It's nearly December, and me and the Old Boy were enjoying a pint of the amber nectar outside the pub! Of course we took advantage of the heaters that are now springing up for all the smokers to partake of the fav pastime, but still! Years ago, and I mean years, this would have been a big fat no no!

We decided to ride for about 20 miles this evening. With a challenging route to keep us warm. The Old Boy was feeling a tad better, and was up for a plod along with me, as he calls it. I think that any sort of getting out and raising the heart rate above a complete stand still a work out! Where as the Old Boy its just a 'plod along'.

The route is one of my favs, ..... not! But today I really did have a nice time! Up the A21, into Halstead, then through to Biggin Hill. And still no stopping for a pint! It wasn't until we got to Keston that we stopped for refreshments. And boy, did that go down a treat, along with a packet of poppadoms!

So there we were, sitting outside, in the beginning of winter, enjoying a pint of lager! what is going on with out weather! I am sure that soon, very soon, the cold night air will be forcing us to ride straight home and putting on the kettle for a hot choccie instead!

Just another two miles back to home, and then cook dinner! A great ride. It was a struggle, but I have noticed that I am complaining less! And stopping less! and enjoying the hills just a tiny bit more that I did last winter!

So, geeky stats.

Bike Ride with Alan by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment